Maelstrom D5 is Swiftech's new Reservoir and Pump combo featuring the award winning MCP655-PWM (Laing/Xylem D5) pump built into Swiftech's new generation Maelstrom Reservoir.
The new Maelstrom reservoir features a smooth single profile square design. It is available in 4 different lengths: 50 mm, 100 mm, 200 mm and 300 mm. With this wide range of lengths to choose from, the Maelstrom D5 reservoir will find its own any type of custom liquid cooling build!
The Maelstrom D5 reservoir also comes with built-in ALED lighting compatible with Swiftech's IRIS Technology (Swiftech's Iris Eco controller available separately) which gives great flexibility when it comes to build truly custom computers.
Installation of the reservoir into the chassis is handled by Swiftech's custom mounting brackets which are also included in Swiftech's MCP655/D5 pump tops. These innovative and modders-oriented bracket allows for both bottom and side panel mounting.
System fill up is done through one of the two top G1/4" ports (2x plugs are included). The other port can be used as a return line port to give modders the flexibility of routing the most complex cooling loops, just plug the other return port with the included plug.
Swiftech's choice of pump for Maelstrom D5 is the award winning MCP655 / D5 PWM pump which has been the "go to" choice for Gamers, Overclockers and Modders alike. The Laing/Xylem D5 pump is a high reliability, high pressure industrial pump, featuring a 50,000 hour MTBF. Such reliability is enabled by its motor design, which contains only one moving part: the magnetically driven spherical impeller spins on a single ceramic bearing, thus extending the life of this pump beyond existing standards.
The MCP655-PWM is completely plug-and-play, and connects directly to the computer power-supply with a standard 4 pin power Molex connector. It also features speed control through direct PWM connection to the motherboard.
- 50,000 hours MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure) equivalent to 5 years lifetime
- Molex 4-pin connectivity: plugs into the computer power supply
- High pressure capability, ideal for both complex and high flow loops
- The pump speed can be adjusted using the motherboard PWM signal (CPU Fan header) to yield top performance or virtually silent operations
- 4x G1/4" ports (including 2x top ports for both filling and return line)
- 2x G1/4" plug included
- Bottom and Side panel mounting, hardware included
- Built-in ALED lighting, compatible with Swiftech's Iris Technology (Iris Eco controller sold separately)